Thursday, June 19, 2008

Alternative medicine

Im been having some severe acute pain at the joint of my leg and hip, kinda hard to explain where excatly it is. Somehow its near the groin area. Apart of quitting a bad habbit of mine, this acute pain also contributed to my weight gain. This pain only occurs when i lift my legs sideways in certain angel, position and sometimes when i run or bike for a long time (above 30 mins).
I didn't do any cardio workout the part 2 months plus, been doing lots of streaching, hoping the injury would recover. And it did, but not fully, since starting back on the treadmill last week, the pain has been coming back.
So finally, i went to see a chines sen sei this morning. Seems that he is well know among the gym guys. Got there about 9am, and i was suprised, there was a queue, i was No6, and they open at 8:30...business must been good eh?? When it was my trun, i got in the private room, the guy was in his early 50s, pretty young guy, jugding by all the certs that he hung all over the wall.
He was very fast, too my pulse on both arms, took my blood pressure, asked me whats wrong, where it hurts. He just nod his head and said he knows, a very big nerve is tangled/injured. Asked me take off my pants, laid on the bed, rubbed some oilment, and he said that the nerve is too deep inside so he's gonna put a jab, and he did so fast that i couldn't react as i was still trying to understand what he was saying. As i was grinding over the pain, he quickly put another jab on my side hip. Put some more oilment and gave a good rub. And i was all fixed. He said so cold water and no excersice for the 1 month and no beer (why huh??)
I got out, there i was given 3 types of pills, take once 3 times daily. Paid RM29.

No comments: